|Start Date: July 15, 2021
Location: Providence, RI
Teaching at Achievement First:
Achievement First invites passionate educators to apply for the position of Special Education Teacher for the 2021-22 school year. Teaching at Achievement First is an ideal position for an educator with deep passion for instruction who is eager to gain rigorous development to help perfect his/her craft. In addition to participating in weekly professional development and team planning meetings, teachers receive consistent high-impact coaching and feedback from a school administrator or teacher-leader. Furthermore, Achievement First has launched Teacher Career Pathway, a systematic, coordinated approach to recognizing and developing our teachers as they progress through five career stages.
These stages were developed to celebrate excellent teachers and are accompanied by increased compensation, recognition and professional development opportunities. Achievement First is committed to recruiting, developing and retaining excellent teachers.
Here, you will be the driver of high-quality instruction that enables our scholars to develop a lifelong love of learning. You will be your students’ champion who believes all students are capable of greatness and achievement far beyond what society has been conditioned to accept. You will be a demander of excellence for yourself, and your students, an educator who helps create a vibrant school community where students have the type of powerful school experience that fosters their best and most thoughtful work.
Responsibilities of Achievement First Elementary teachers will include but are not limited to:
Outstanding academic achievement and personal development
Professional learning, development and growth
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that excites and invests students to reach ambitious goals.
- Build classroom community by partnering with families to facilitate children’s academic success and personal development.
- Utilize data from Achievement First’s interim assessments to drive instruction and intervention.
- Design and implement unit and lesson plans in collaboration with grade or subject team.
- Exemplify AF’s core values in all interactions with students, families and colleagues.
Skills and Characteristics
- Collaborate with coach, grade-level chair and school team to improve instructional, culture-building and leadership skills.
- Attend all professional development, team planning and data analysis meetings.
- Participate enthusiastically in structured and informal learning and development opportunities.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, willingness to respond positively to feedback and a “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude.
- Strong belief in the Achievement First mission, core values, and educational model.
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for subject matter.
- Two years of teaching experience preferred with a proven record of high student achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 3.0; Master’s degree preferred.
- If your GPA is between 2.75 and 3.0, you may submit additional recommendations to be considered.
- New York, Connecticut or Rhode Island certified or in process of obtaining a certification.
Salary for this position is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Achievement First offers a comprehensive benefits package. Teachers receive funds for supplies and materials as well as a laptop computer.
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/